Revolutionary Angels Programs
Current Program - Open October 1st - December 31st:
Fall 2009 Boston Business Plan Competition
Compete for up to $300,000 in seed funding!
Revolutionary Angels will accept 100 business plans during the submission period and invest up to $300,000 in two companies with the leading business plans submitted. Investments will be up to $250,000 for the leading plan and up to $50,000 for the runner-up. All participants will receive valuable advice specific to their business plan.
Participating in our competition provides more than just a source of funding. Developing a business plan that gets you noticed is not an easy task. Your business plan more often than not tells your story before you get the opportunity to stand in front of an investor or partner and make your pitch.
Our experienced team will provide recommendations to focus your strategy and business plan, improving its impact as you continue the work of building your business.
Competition participants benefits:
- Written analysis and recommendations specific to your business plan
- Support developing your strategy and properly structuring your company
- Access to and advice from successful entrepreneurs and business owners
- Advice from a panel of experts that have reviewed thousands of business plans
- Learn how to build a successful business from experts
- Participation in a Q&A session with our panel of seasoned executives
- Partner give aways totaling over $50,000 in value
- Meet our partners! Our partners provide all of the services you need to launch your business with the strongest possible foundation to build upon
- Stay connected to us and your fellow participants after the event for ongoing advice
- Our team has relationships with the leading Venture Capital firms and can make introductions for teams that truly stand out
How to participate:
Business plan submission opens October 1st and runs through December 31st or until we receive 100 business plans, whichever comes first.
Once submission closes, our panel of experts will review and analyze all plans and select the two top plans. All participating companies are invited to attend our event at the Boston Harbor Hotel on January 15th, 2010 where we will present investment checks and partner giveaways.
In 2008 the average angel/seed investment was $347,000. In return for that investment entrepreneurs gave up almost a 40% preferred stake in their company.
The Revolutionary Angels investment model allows us to request no more than a 10% common stake in exchange for our investment.
We do not limit our industry focus. Our goal is to invest in entrepreneurs with a winning business plan. Our goal is to invest in any company that can demonstrate a solid plan to grow and increase employment.
Submit your plan to be reviewed for eligibility to participate in our current competition.
There is no obligation to submit a plan for review. Companies that are a selected to participate must pay a fee of of $4,995. There is no obligation to participate if your plan is selected.
Funding the Unconnected
Everyone deserves an opportunity:
Companies that participate in our program will have access to our social networking sites that allow you to stay connected to our team as well as other event participants.
Why Choose Us?
- Hosting business plan competitions
Each competition is limited to 100 participating companies. We invest in the two leading business plans. The winning plan will receive an investment up to $250,000, the runner-up will receive up to $50,000.
- Connect to Success
Meet and connect with successful entrepreneurs
- No Specific Industry Focus
Our goal is to fund any business providing plans that meet our submission criteria
- There is nothing wrong with a "lifestyle" business
Over 50% of US workers are employed by small “lifestyle” businesses
- A different measure of success
Companies we invest in do not have to go public or be acquired to be considered a success. As our capital does not come from traditional investors, the need for traditional returns do not apply